- Opencast Summit: General information and announcement
- Opencast Summit: Agenda and events
- Opencast Summit: Travel, Transport and Accommodation
- Venue: Humboldt-Universität, Adlershof Campus, Erwin Schrödinger Center (campus map)
- Start: 09:30am
- Meeting point in the morning (train departure times):
- 8:25am at Berlin Central Station
- 8:32am at Berlin Alexanderplatz Bahnhof
- Travel: Use BVG (Zone AB) tickets for the S9
- Evening: Venues around Berlin city center
We don’t have any hotel deals or did make any reservations for the conference. Berlin has a wide variety of accommodations. Take your pick.
While there are accommodations in near the conference venue in Adlershof, we recommend choosing something near city center instead since the evening events will all be around that area.
If you don’t want to be alone, several other community members are staying at Motel One Berlin-Alexanderplatz and Motel One Berlin-Hauptbahnhof. If you stay somewhere else and want people to know, feel free to post in Matrix.
City train routes and tickets
The easiest way to get from Berlin City Center to Adlershof is via train. Take the S9. You will likely meet many community members at Berlin Central Station (8:45am) or Berlin Alexanderplatz Bahnhof (8:52am).
A good choice for a ticket is the AB Berlin WelcomeCard 72h. If you stay longer, the AB 7-day card may be worthwhile. To get from Adlershof to the city center or vice versa, an AB ticket is sufficient.
However, to get from BER (the big Berlin airport) to the city (to Adlershof or the center) you need an ABC ticket.
For orientation, planning or to buy the digital tickets, you can use the websites of the BVG or the VBB or their Apps.
Use the usual communication channels for Opencast. Matrix should be particular handy for the conference. You can get the Element app for iOS and Android and join us in #opencast-community:matrix.org.